- This event has passed.
Community Clean Up
May 27 @ 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM
It’s time for spring cleaning!
Save a trip to the landfill and dispose of unwanted items that don’t fit in your waste and recycling bins at the LBCA’s annual Community Clean Up.
We will have electronics recycling, scrap metal recycling and the Drop-In Centre will be on-site to take donations.
This service is free of charge to all Calgarians.
What items are accepted at the Community Cleanups?
- Accepted items include (but are not limited to) furniture (desks, chairs, sofas, old mattresses, etc.), toilets, and recalled or broken recreational products
- Electronics – see accepted items list
What are some of the restricted items that the Cleanups do not take?
- Barbecues, lawnmowers, household chemicals and large appliances.
- Car batteries
- Glass (window panes, glass table tops, etc.)
- Household appliances with freon (refrigerator, freezer, microwaves)
- Liquids (cooking oil)
- Household hazardous waste (propane tanks, paint)
- Automobile/cleaning/healthcare/gardening chemicals
- Household hazardous waste materials can be brought directly to a household hazardous waste drop-off location.
- Scrap Metals – see prohibited items list
- Electronics – see prohibited items list
Not sure what to do with an item?
Visit calgary.ca/whatgoeswhere to find the right recycling and disposal options for your unwanted items.
For more tips on the use of green bins or larger items that cannot fit into your green bin please refer to: Using your green cart (calgary.ca).