February 12th, 2020
Hello LBCA Community,
The LBCA team has sought clarity and confirmation on the details of recent changes to Step 1, thank you for your patience. The following information aligns with Alberta Health Guidelines and is effective immediately. LBCA ICE, GYMNASIUM & FITNESS STUDIO are OPEN for:
- • 1 on 1 training (1 trainer/coach:1 athlete)
- • 1 on 1-household training (1 trainer/coach: 1 household)
- • *NEW: Households (all participants must live in the same residence) o 1 household per rental is permitted.
- • *NEW: Limited Youth Team Sport Activities: o lessons, practices, and conditioning activities are allowed for indoor and outdoor, team-based, minor sports/activities and school athletics.
- o all participants must be 18 years old or younger, except coaches or trainers.
- o a maximum of 10 total individuals per group, including all coaches, trainers, and participants.
- o games are not permitted.
- o this type of rental is applicable to programs/clubs and their registered participants only.
- o the small ice can accommodate 1 group.
- o the large ice and gymnasium can be divided in half to accommodate 2 groups from the same program for participants U13 and younger, groups may not enter each others designated space, no physical divider is required
- o groups should minimize/avoid sharing of equipment as much as possible.
- • Physical distancing of 3 meters must always be maintained and in all areas of the facility. o coaches or trainers may enter physical distancing space for brief interactions with participants (for example, to correct form or technique)
- • Masks are required at the LBCA. o Participants must be masked before and after activity.
- o Coaches/trainers must always remain masked including during coaching/training.
- • Participants should come to the facility and leave “dressed”. A skates on/off area will be available 15 minutes before/after bookings (benches/dressing rooms)
- • Please do not linger in the facility, enter no earlier than 15 minutes before booking and leave promptly after.
- • Trainers/Coaches must be professional, certified and/or paid trainers who are providing active instruction and correction. Passive supervision of a physical activity is not considered training. Trainers/coaches must be able to provide proof of certification if requested by the LBCA or AHS.
- • Spectators are prohibited under current provincial guidelines.
- • Wash/sanitize your hands when entering the facility.
- • Do not visit the facility if you are sick, have been in contact with a person that has tested positive for covid-19 or have travelled outside of Canada within 14 days of your visit.
Regular rental rates are in effect for programs and clubs. Family Membership Rates available for household rentals until March 31st, 2021.
- • Small Ice: $85.00/hour
- • Large Ice: $110.00/hour
- • Gymnasium: $50.00/hour
Submit your booking requests to the LBCA Facility Coordinator at email@example.com
We look forward to seeing you soon and thank you for your continued support and cooperation.
General Manager Lake Bonavista Community Association